Annual Portfolio Reviews
What is Trends and Best Practices in Annual Portfolio Reviews?
Dalbar’s Trends and Best Practices in Annual Portfolio Reviews (APRs) guides financial services firms in helping their investment advice team deliver APRs that meet the needs of clients while adding value to the client experience. The results show the analysis of emerging trends in the APR process and industry best practices.
- Determine APR practices that best meet client needs
- Identify aspects of the APR your firm must incorporate to remain competitive
- Share leading tools and resources that are useful for the APR
- Make the case internally to make changes to the APR
- Outline factors that enhance/hinder the APR
- Share ways of conducting an effective and compliant APR
- Promote components of the APR that add value to the client experience
Trends and Best Practices in Annual Portfolio Reviews – Industry Report
Addresses current trends and challenges in conducting APRs that are meaningful for clients. Relevant recommendations and industry best practices will be included. Annual Portfolio Reviews conducted by a cross-section of Financial Advisors will be evaluated including:
- Retail Banking Financial Advisors (in branches)
- Financial Planners/Investment Advisors
- Insurance firms
- Describes qualities of leadership that distinguish the most comprehensive APRs
- Identifies tools & resources that are useful and important in the APR
- Documents length of time to complete an APR
- Shares APR documents used during the review
The report will be based on client feedback obtained immediately after the APR. DALBAR will capture client feedback by conducting a total of 50 comprehensive interviews. Clients with investable household assets of a minimum of $100,000 will be included in the study. Each client will be asked questions in the following categories:
- Calculated To Be Understood: Determines whether the most critical content is presented in a manner that can be easily understood by clients.
- Value of Advice: Recommendations and advice provided are deemed valuable by the client and adequately supported by the client’s financial situation.
- Client Experience: Factors that contribute positively and negatively to the client experience.
- Timeliness: Length of time to complete APR is reasonable with appropriate time allotted to meet client primary and secondary needs.
- Tools & Resources: Identifies APR tools and resources that are useful during the interaction.
- Design & Layout: Elements that enhance the readability and understandability of the APR documents, such as charts, color, font size and style.
Report cost: $15,000
For more information please contact email@example.com